One yellow lamp barely lights half the room, a small T.V. is playing a soap opera. They are sitting
on the couch.
– Do I have to kill you right now?
– I mean if I did, it would be god’s will, right? Nothing happens outside of his will.
– Did you eat something bad?
– No, it just occurred to me, if everything is predestined, then, if I, say, strangled you now and was executed, I would be acting out god’s will.
– No, god only knows what will happen, and cut it out.
– So, what does he know?
– Honey, it’s been fucking absurd, do you know why I married you?
– Why, fuck face?
– I was fat and poor, I couldn’t get a girlfriend, I was 32 and still a virgin, lust was eating through my flesh, and it still does, you were available, when we fuck I always imagine I’m with a girl from my high school, what the hell are we doing?
She looked at him with contempt bordering on malevolence.
– Fucking? You mean your attempts to stimulate me with your pathetic little cock?
– At least I try.
– What the fuck do you want, Sammie?
– Here is what I think, one of us should commit suicide so the other can collect the insurance money and begin a new life, die in a car crash or something.
– Should we flip a coin?
Fine by me.
She looked at him with eyes made of fire.
I’m going for a walk.
Drop by the store and get some milk.
And condoms? Should I get some condoms?